For perishable products/goods, like goods related to analytical chemistry, chromatography, life science and chemistry, normally used in pharmaceutical companies, research institutes, medical and statutory bodies, it is essential that the warehouses in which they are stored are attentively controlled. Variations in storage temperatures can be disastrous if, as a result, medicines become ineffective or vital medical equipment collapses.
Ensuring the temperature requirements are within a given range for each season is a great challenge, one which Indelox is well-equipped for.
Indelox records, log and monitor the temperature variations during storage of goods in the warehouse and in transit.
In temperature controlled warehousing, the packaging in which products are stored and shipped is of equal importance. Indelox supports organizations that handle temperature controlled goods in designing and procuring packaging materials that are of high performance, durability and cost effectiveness, as well as being environmentally friendly.
Temperature controlled storage and distribution includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Stock rotation
- Warehousing of whole packages
- Warehousing of smaller units
- Internal air temperature between 2°C to 8°C
- Storage facility temperature requirements from -20°C to +8°C
- Microprocessor digital temperature control (for continuous temperature monitoring)
- Temperature deviation signaling (alarms)
- CFC – Free refrigeration system and insulation
- Effective packaging
- Effective product handling without affecting the temperature requirements of the products